Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobB

CX-Programmer V5.0

4 posts in this topic

Finally got it and am working with it. One small annoyance, I normally just use the internal symbol editor for a small (up to 5 or 600 symbols) project. Larger than that use Excel. The copy and paste function has changed. In V4.?, when you did a copy and paste, the _Copy appeared after the pasted symbol. Easy to backspace and change a number or several characters for your new symbol. Quick and easy. Now to V5.0. Copy and paste ads Copy_Of_ to the front of the symbol, most significant end. What a pain in the "A". Now I have to go "home" key and delete 8 characters at the most significant end and also backspace at the least significant end of the symbol and then add my additives. Have the programmers shares in Microsoft so tha we have to use Excel? Jay, do you have any information as to why this was done? Is there a very good reason or is it just the whim of a programmer? Auto adjust lines for names and comments in the printing functions is a BIG WOW!!!! I am sure I will enjoy finding many of the plusses and minuses of the latest version and also enjoy posting them here and waiting for the responses of all contributors to this forum.

Can't wait to try it out either Bob. I'm still waiting to get it though. Has anybody else in UK got it yet? Andy.

I just sent an inquiry to the software guy.

hmmmm, maybe you could try using the replace with option?? I did that with projects created in syswin and when opened in cx programmer they would have "MINUS" in the symbol names because the "-" symbol is not valid to use in cx programmer. ~Andrew Edited by Fear_me