techguy95

Enhanced Security in Proficy 8.5 and 8.6

6 posts in this topic

I am running PME (Proficy Machine Edition) 8.6, I was not informed beforehand about how the enhanced security works. When I set the password to clear the error to download the HMI to simulate in ViewRuntime I now get an error message: Error 2391: Unable to Shut Down Runtime - Aborting download It is like the password that I set is not recognized by the system and nothing I have tried so far has reset it. I have tried uninstalling all of Proficy and it's components, but that did not work. I am just looking for a way to be able to load a simulated Runtime and simulate my HMI's. Has anybody dealt with this problem or know a work around or a file that could be deleted to clear the password for the Enhanced Security function? Thank you for any help you give.

No work-around needed, just read the instructions, why is that so hard? Here is what I recommend if you do not want to use 'Enhanced Security' or have not properly documented your passwords. In the Navigator Window go to the 'Options' tab and change the Parameter to make this a 'Warning' instead of an 'Error'. In the 'Properties' of the 'Target' disable 'Enhanced Security' and on the QuickPanel 'Turn Off' Enhanced Security. Sorry I don't recall exact steps now but they can be found at the GE Support web site. http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=home&view=AUTOMATION Go to "KNOWLEDGE BASE" and search for "Enhanced Security". Edited by RussB

First, thanks for responding. Second, I just upgraded from Proficy 7.0 and this was not an issue with that version. I also neglected to mention that this is only in the Windows PC logic set-up NOT a QP. And, yes there is a workaround for Quick Panels. There is a file in the fxView>NT file named local.dll that can be deleted, but this will not work because it is not on a Quick Panel but my PC for simulation. Third, just forget any attempts to help me RussB since you started out your response as if I am to lazy to read directions and document my passwords. After I set my password Proficy crashed and when I reopened it the password I set would not work. Just so you know I used the password "control" for simulation purposes which is like the end all and be all of default passwords for GE products. I obviously made a mistake reaching out for help on this forum. Thanks anyway.

Okay, but I could help if you were willing to listen. BTW, these forums arre designed to help everyone not "just you". That is why I try to make my answers complete for the next person who is not lazy and seraches the forum for an answer. Maybe I will post the answer here for those who are smart enough to search the forum. That is when I get back from vacation in a couple of weeks. Also what part of this do you not understand? DETAIL in your question, promotes DETAIL in my answer. Edited by RussB

RussB I hope you have a great vacation. Also the answer to this exact problem is not on this forum I already did several searches and all of the answers that came up referred to how to solve this problem on a Quick Panel. Have a great day and a safe trip.

Hola, tuve el mismo problema hace una semana, lo que funciono para mi fue crear una nueva maquina virtual (en mi empresa no instalamos el software directamente sobre el sistema de la computadora que utilizamos por seguridad) aparentemente algun error hace que las contraseñas se almacenen y transfieran... 
tambien deberias probar con lo que dice este manual ( https://digitalsupport.ge.com/servlet/fileField?id=0BE1A000000PKoh ) espero te sirva