2 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I recently was asked to configure a computer to host an Factory Talk SE Client application. I was able to get everything working except the trends and the Alarm window, all I have is the cross hatch screen. at the bottom of the screen it is saying cause: Trend: CAB file missing on the server: http://hmi1/RsviewActiveXControlSetup/RSTXView2ocx.CAB. I have worked on this for a while and am stumped. All the other computers on the same domain network are working fine, so it leads me to believe my problem is with my installation on the new computer. Any suggestions or if you need more input please let me know. Thanks

Step back and verify your versions...what PC OS version, what FTViewSE version. The client runs on the HMI PC just the same as if it would run on another PC, unless the alarm screen (which you are having issue with) has an Active-X object or other object that may not be supported...no that doesn't make sense. A client is a client. The PC OS is where I would look just to verify.