PMCR

Modular .eds file in Logix Designer 24.00

4 posts in this topic

For years I have successfully used modular eds files for devices with assembly sizes that can change. Recently I upgraded to Studio 5000 version 24, and I have run into a snag. When I try to change the size of the assembly (as shown below) I cannot leave the data entry field (circled in red) without hitting <ESC>, and the size change is lost. A colleague of mine does not have this problem in version 27 of Studio 5000. Is this a known issue with version 24? In this particular case, I am trying to use the attached eds file. NX-EIC202 1 2.zip

Hi, I have also ran across this problem a few times while interfacing with gateway devices, but never had the time to properly solve the issue. My only workaround was to change the values in the EDS file in a file editor and then re-import the EDS, then recreate the device. Not fun, but it gets the plant running. Cheers,

I've never personally seen an "EDS-defined AOP" from a third party that worked correctly, and I put quite a bit of work into several of them in v20. I eventually gave up and went back to using a Generic Module object. I've been told by one of those vendors (SMC Pneumatics) that they have recently released a well-tested EDS that works with the Studio 5000 EDS-defined AOP function, but I have not tested it. I'll be using it on my next project and will put some time into it.

Thank you for the information. I am going to upgrade to version 27 and see if that resolves the issues.