dhracer3

Network problems.

4 posts in this topic

I'm not the most experienced programmer so please be patient with me. We are running CJ1W DRM21 D-nets throughout. Each PLC (CJ2H EIP) have 2 units on them. We are having a few different problems. When starting up we have: 1- we have D5 errors (Verification errors) which we think is due to a EDS files? I'm trying to download the network PC-PLC and am getting node 45 as invalid attribute data and node 63 is device state conflict. Node 63 is our master device. On the other DRM21 unit we have a fatal error F0 and E2 error on node 63. We have checked all the cables and baud rates. Could there be some type of master and slave device issues? Any input would be grateful.!

Attached find the list of error codes for the DRM21, see my reply below. Err7Seg from W380-E1-08 DRM21.pdf

Another point re voltage, Device Net is really cranky if the voltage drops too far. Have not used it for quite a while - there are better solutions for remote I/O in my view like CompoNet - I always used to feed the 24VDC supply into the middle of the run and not the end so there was far less chance of voltage drop along the length of the Device Net cable.

It looks like that the F0 and E2 errors have been fixed. The electrician came and told me that it had been fixed so I'm assuming thatit may have been due to a bad connection possible that has fixed that. I will look for the termination resistors.- Where are these typically located? in the slaves? On another note.. I'm now on another PLC that was in better shape and had a D5 error as well. I ended up transfer the IO table from the PLC and all it had on was the built in EIP module and none of the Dnets or Basic IO modules either. I created the IO table and transfered it into the PLC and now I have H7 errors on both DRM21 modules and now the drives are in error state as well. It is saying that the PLC does not have a registered IO table? Was this not what I was trying to fix? how do I remedy this? Thanks a ton.