Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jazzplayermark

Micrologix 1100: need to send email and need to send port id

3 posts in this topic

I'm using AuthSmtp as my mail provider and I need to be able to specify the port number. I can't find a place in the rslogix 500 channel setup to put the port id. Currently I'm giving just giving it the host name 'authsmtp.com. I did try the ip address with the port number xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx but that didn't work either. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Have you tried using WireShark? I had to deal with this same issue some months ago at a previous employer and do not have my notes to verify (my memory says 1902). WireShark was a vital tool in verifying networking protocols between the Logix PLC and a PC-based controller. It does not take long to fiddle with WireShark settings and capture the port number (or socket) and the command stream into and out of the PLC processor.

When you set up your Channel-1(SMTP) parameters - the address for the email server you are going to use: Attach the PORT number to the address. Example(208.87.56.103:2500) Make sure you separate the address from the port number with a "COLON". I have attached a setup example(Instructions). Hope this helps. Micrologix_1100_Email_Support1.pdf Micrologix_1100_Email_Support2.pdf