Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SufferingCitectNewbie

CitectScada 7.4 variable tag not working?

1 post in this topic

Good day, I'm currently trying out citectSCADA 7.4 as part of my work. I'm currently just learning how it works and am already having problems with the program. I've used several guides on how to use variable tags wherein a DIGITAL variable tag is used to turn a symbol ON and OFF with two push buttons aptly named 'ON' and 'OFF'. I've already used the Express Communication Wizard to create an I/O server named 'IOserver' along with an I/O Device named 'IODev' that uses Disk I/O Device with Citect Generic Protocols. They are all under a cluster named 'Cluster1'. From there I made a variable tag with the tag name 'TEST' with the I/O Device using IODev with the Data Type set to 'Digital'. The address is set to 'D1'. Equipment, Item Name, Comment, Eng Zero Scale and Eng Full Scale are left empty. From there I went to the Citect Graphics Builder and made two buttons and a symbol icon. In the Symbol Set Properties under the appearance tab I used the 'on/off' option with the ON symbol when coding area I typed 'TEST=1'. In the push button properties under the Input tab. I checked the 'Up' tickbox and in the Up Command coding area I typed 'TEST=1'. I did the same for the other push button except for 'TEST=0'. Running the program under demo mode and pressing the 'on' button and the symbol stays in its OFF state. Is there a solution to my problem?