justwhy2003

Beijers to MX OPC conversion

4 posts in this topic

Hi I am working on SCADA system, National Instruments Lookout - Beijers OPC server - Mitsubishi Q Series PLC (via ethernet). This is quite an old system and reacenty the PC with the SCADA stopped working. I had made copies of all components and was able to get the system working again. I had to get Beijers to regenerate a key code for me which worked but they said that as the software is discontinued they cannot guarantee generating a code again if the same happens. We have a copy of Mitsubishi MX OPC server that I know is current and supported and was wondering is it possible to convert from one to the other? I can see options to export and import as CSV files but are they normally in the same format? I know the SCADA will just pick up the server if it exists on the computer so there must be some common ground. Would just be interested if anyone has done this before I try to get come CSV editing software (IT have locked down quite alot here) Thanks JT

Didn't know Beijer was discontinuing their OPC server... However; can't you just use excel to edit the .csv? Maybe it even works with simple export from Beijer then import to Mitsubishi (they've cooperated a lot). Have you tried it?

Hi Karre_T Beijers have told me that the version i am using (V1) is 'quite old and discontinued'. They are recommending upgrading to V1.2 which I may do but would like to try this first. I have had success. I extracted the Beijers configuration in CSV and made a simple configuration in MX OPC and extracted it just to have the format. I then copied and pasted the Beijers informations into the allocated areas in the MX extraction and imported into the MX and it worked. However the MX comms with the SCADA are not as stable as the beijers. After a bit of digging I see the OPC set up has options for OPC 1 or OPC 2 and I can see in the manual for MX OPC 6.04 that Version 3 is mentioned. Maybe the newer MX OPC is not campatible with older SCADAs? I dont see anywhere in the MX config where I can change the version (if this is the case). I have asked Mitsibushi and am awaiting a response. Beijers say they have not heard of this but 'our BE OPC server follow the OPC DA v2.04' Would be interested to hear if anyone has come across this in the past. Thanks JT

Hi again, sorry for the delayed answer. Did you solve this or not? If not solved, which version of OPC are you currently running on the MX OPC?