datao

FX1N output wiring

6 posts in this topic

I just got a used FX1N-24MT with AC input. The terminals are labeled differently than those in online literature, I wonder if I have a Japanese model or something. The differences are: There is no S/S terminal on the input strip, instead it's called COM... would this COM terminal be used the same as an S/S terminal, to define polarity of inputs by connecting to either side of the service supply? Interestingly, if I take COM directly to any input that input comes on. The 0v side of the 24vdc on the lower terminal strip is labeled COM... also the 0v terminals on the output side are all labeled COM0, COM1, etc. instead of +V0, +V1, etc. Does this mean I need to be switching the COM side of DC voltage to the outputs? As to the 24vdc supply on the lower terminal strip, is that for powering sensors or can I switch that through the outputs to power 24vdc relay coils? Or both functions? Thanks

If the PLC has suffix -001 at the end instead of -ES/UL, it's chinese version: its input optocouplers are connected to +24V (while COM terminal is equal to +24V in -ES/UL models), other words they are +24V referenced; its outputs are open collector NPN transistors, referenced to the COM (COM terminal is equal to 0V terminal in -ES/UL models). Edited by Inntele

Thanks for that info. This PLC has no suffix on its nameplate, but do I understand correctly that if the COM on the input side equals the COM of the 24vdc output on the bottom, then this the Chinese version of the FX1N-24MT?

Does not matter, Chinese or Japanese, main thing it's asian. Below are input circuit diagrams: A load should be connected between output terminal and +24VDC of a DC voltage source, while COM terminals of outputs should be connected to zero of this voltage source. Edited by Inntele

Got it now... thanks very much.

Full part number should be on the end. Only the series number is on the front.