dualmal

EtherNet/IP Module Loads

1 post in this topic

I'm fairly new to AB products (my previous experience is with all Siemens equipment). The environment I just started working in (as the sole controls engineer) said they had an 1756-EN2T fault out a few months before I got here. They diagnosed the problem to be that the module was running at 90% CPU and that the problem was a firmware issue. They told me they updated the firmware and that fixed the problem. There are 3 lines running hear all with matching setups and processes. A 1756-L73 PLC for each line, with one 1756-EN2T and one 1756-EN2TR for each PLC. (each line is isolated from the next) When I check the CPU loads for all 5 other network cards in TaskMonitor they land around 5-15% CPU utilization, which seems fine to me and in line with what I would expect. However, when I check the 1 module which previously failed it sits around 45% CPU utilization with no spikes. This obviously doesn't seem right. I know this is limited information, but would anyone have any guesses as to why this would be happening, or if it could be considered nominal? Thanks! -dualmal