Div_by_zero

Sending a value from one HMI to multiple PLCs

5 posts in this topic

Have a redundant PLC project. Two Automation Direct '06s, one EZ Automation SE 6" touch screen. Is there a way that I can send a value (a bit and/or a "V" numeric) to both PLCs simultaneously via one pushbutton or numeric entry? I have both PLC IP addresses configured in the HMI and know how to address the tags to one OR the other, but haven't figured out how to hit both yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I'm not familiar with that HMI, but it seems like you should be able to stack two buttons on top of each other so that one touch triggers both of them and have each one send the data to a different PLC.

Hi Mendon, I think that might work with a momentary or toggle pushbutton, but not sure how that would work with a numeric entry, something that pops up a dialogue box...

why not use single PLC and distributed I/O? or why not network PLCs and have them exchange needed data (so HMI talks to only one PLC)?

Just my 5 cents worth. Most hmi softwares I have worked with a push button or numeric field can have multiple functions on it. Create 2 functions on writing to the one tag en one writing to the other. Unless the Ez automation doesnt have this function