Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roopesh.meleth

Host link control for Omron CP1E using C code/ Fins commands

3 posts in this topic

Hello admin, Im new to PLC domain , i have one OMRON CP1E N30 with in built RS 232 port and ladder program to run in Homing and forward and reverse motion. I want to control the PLC from a computer using RS 232 communication. From what little i read from manual supplied for programming ,i came to know that there are two type of commands C mode as well as Fins commands. My doubt is whether these commands can read/write CIO memory addresses that are used to set and reset the motor enable/disable in ladder program through CX programmer software? for example: in my ladder program CIO memory address 30.00 is the motor enable/disable address so if i want to control externally from a PC to enable/disable the motor ,which commands should i use and is there a format to send these commands as well as the value. I am planning to build a GUI in Labview to cotrol the PLC via Serial RS 232 . How can i do it ? Thanks in advance.

Use C-Mode Host Link commands to do what you want. The port can be set up as Host Link and it will respond to the published c-mode host link commands.

http://accautomation.ca/how-to-implement-the-omron-host-link-protocol-part-2-vba/ You can use any language to communicate host link. The above link will show you how to use VBA in Excel to get data. Hope this helps, Garry www.accautomation.ca