Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest picassogrl

UPLOADING MITSUBISHI PLC PROG

8 posts in this topic

SEEKING SIMPLE INSTRUCTION--- I am Brand-New to Mitsubishi PLC's.  I have two Fx0's and a MELSEC F-20M, have cables and software, just looking for instruction on uploading programs.  Is it a simple transfer? Can I do the upload while the PLC is running, etc.  Also, my laptop is running Win XP, is there a chance that I will encounter issues due to ver of DOS prompt? I am researching with manuals, etc. but I have no patience. Edited by picassogrl

First off, part numbers on the cables and a title and version number for the software would be very helpful. The more info you give us, the better the response can be. For the F-20M you're going to need some expensive adapters from Mitsubishi to talk to it. Do you have them? For the FX0 you can upload while the PLC is running. Both of these programmed with the old DOS MEDOC software, so you're not going to have much luck running it under Windows XP.

You can't change the program when the PLC is in RUN. I have been using the good old Medoc version with Windows XP and it worked perfectly, I was able to transfer my program,....etc. Do you know how to transfer a program from and to a PLC? I don't know if you already know how to work with Medoc? I'll explain what I know: To create a new project: -------------------------------------------------- * In the menu, choose "New_Proj" --> ENTER --> choose PLC type ("FX0" in your case) * Enter a filename, for example "Test" * Hit Escape to go to the main menu To edit your program: -------------------------------------------------- * Goto "Edit" in your main menu * Choose "Ladder" (best way to program) * Hit F2 and then F7 * Now you can select your objects by pressing the number next to the object For example if you want to draw a normal open contact ----||----, press numpad 1 * Now enter the input that you want to use for the function, for example X1 * If you want to delete an object or a line, place the cursor in front of the object and press Spacebar to delete it. * If your program is ready, press F7 to convert your program. If there are invalid parameters, Medoc will refuse to convert your program. ("Wrong circuit at step"). * When your program is converted, press F2 to move the cursor back to the menu. To transfer your program to the PLC ---------------------------------------------------- * Press escape to go back to the main menu. Save your program when medoc asks for it * When you are in the main menu, goto "Transfer" * Hit enter to confirm that you want to transfer your program * Choose if you want to transfer a program from your PLC to your PC, or from PC to PLC. Choose Medoc to PLC * Medoc will ask you to confirm that you want to begin your transfer. This should be all you need to know to make a PLC program (and to transfer it) Good luck with it! Wouter

Chris It seems that it's not possible to transfer while the PLC is in RUN mode. I've just tested it with an FX1N, Medoc said: "PLC is running" and it didn't start transferring.

Well, turns out there is more to the story... Supposedly GXDeveloper software (works with the Fx0) will Read PLC from the Online menu while the PLC is running. I haven't had an opportunity to test it. Connection is serial port to PLC via SC-09 cable. Next, I don't have two Fx0's...one is a F1-12MR As for the F1 & F20, I have the front-connector box, the cables (including the pricey 232/422 dc powered converter) I opened a new project and using a Win95 laptop (previously used as a door-stopper) and tried the transfer PLC>Medoc and I keep getting a comm port error. The dip switches indicate for 19200K baud but I am not able to transfer. Nothing is holding the serial port hostage, already looked into that one. Any suggestions? Also, the floppies for the MELSEC MEDOC...just copy both into a common folder and call it a day for install? Just trying to cover all bases???

Hi, Winders 95, like XP and a few other versions, had problems with the native serial drivers. Almost nothing could communicate with the serial ports on 95 without replacing the drivers with third party drivers. They should be availabe on the 'net easily enough, or "upgrade" to winders 98, which didn't have serial driver problems, or just reboot to dos mode. Keep that old laptop around though, as more and more I'm finding that I have to make dos boot disks to upgrade motherboard bioses and wipe harddrives and such. Nothing past win98 knows how to make a bootable floppy. And yes, just copying the floppies to a directory is enough to install medoc 2.3 and earlier. Best, L

Although the whole program cannot be up-loaded to the PLC using Medoc, while the PLC is running, it is possible to get very close! It is some time since I used an FX type PLC so if I am wrong, someone who knows better, shoot me down! This works fine on the A1S type PLC. By pressing “Alt O” the Online editing is initiated. Using the F7 function great chunks of the program may now be changed and up-loaded to the PLC while it is running. Very useful if stopping the PLC stops a production line!

GX dev will certainly do online edits and upload and download while running. But not sure about FX0 - from fxon up I know it will. Select online/ monitor write The program will be verified then you are in monitor mode (while editing too) The settings will also be remembered for the next time you go online with this plc.