islam141414

compactlogix firmware upgrade fail

5 posts in this topic

I have new compactlogix plc L43, it was 1.4 firmware rev and when i try to upgrade the firmware the communication lost during upgrade , I make this upgrade using Serial communication (very slowwwwww) Now i cannot see the plc on RSlinix and cannot communicate with it I know that if the communication loss during firmeare upgrade, the PLC will be stop and it should return back to allen bradley any one have soloution for this problem ??????????????

Serial comms for firmware upgrades often results in this. Best bet, before this happens, is to use serial to set the IP address, then use Ethernet/IP to upgrade the firmware. This processor may be "bricked" (i.e., unable to be networked and stuck in a faulted stated). I assume you are still connected serially when you see it is not available in RSLinx anymore? Try this...on your development PC, disable all ports BUT the Ethernet port; download and install WireShark (free Ethernet/IP sniffer); cable your PC Ethernet port into the PLC; run WireShark, monitoring the Ethernet port, to see if it replies. It is possible the Ethernet port is live but the serial port is dropped out. Is this a new PLC? If so, it would be covered under warranty.

Thank you for your reply 1-The processor L43 has serial port only not Eathernet Port 2- i installed Eathernet card beside the PLC, put address on the card by BOOTP- DHCP server, but i can see the eathernet card only on RSlinx without the PLC 3- the PLC is new but i dont have warranty

Unfortunately, I believe this CPU is a brick now and needs to be returned to A-B for repair.

Unfortunately I agree with Kaiser (No offence)... Sounds like the PLC is bricked.. AB can repair it for you but it will cost $$$$$ in most cases. Edited by Giarc