Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RMVitrum

Steps to Update Programming to Allow Pulling of Data From Network

7 posts in this topic

Newbie... NS8-TV01B-V2 / NJ501-1320 / NetworkIP. Can someone let me know if it is possible with the combination of components above to import a file of parameters from a network and use those for the PLC? What are the steps to accomplish this, ie, program this functionality into the HMI? Will I need an external PC and CX-Server to accomplish this? TIA Rob.

You've got an NJ CPU with the database functions in it. Can't you just put the data on a database server like SQL Express and poll it with the built in database function blocks? Why do you want to use the HMI to do this?

It still would require user intervention to load a list of jobs to be done. The process now is that the user uses the HMI to input parameters and send them to the CPU. Hoping to automate the parameter input part of the process...

What about recipes? You set the data once, save it in the screen, and then using recipe functions, send them to the PLC as a batch. What exactly are you trying to import them from?

Recipes won't work as the data is infinitely variable. I've now decided to use the DB functions on the NJ to pull data from SQL into a table, then displaying this table on the NS to, allowing the user to step through it, verify and process each item. Any thoughts, tips, gotcha's you have would b greatly appreciated. Thanks, Rob.

The database stuff in the NJ is shockingly simple. Had one up and running with zero experience in a couple hours, and that included building a SQL Express server and a database.
1 person likes this

Any tips on displaying tables on the NS8? Thanks, Rob.