gdalianis

Problem connecting TP170b and S7-200 CPU

5 posts in this topic

Hi, Recently I was forced to replace a S7-200 CPU 226 on an old machine, which was defected. Unfortunatelly the old cpu was password protected by the builder of the machine, but luckily I had the program printed on paper so I write it down again on microwin and uploaded to the new CPU. Unfortunatelly I can not establish connection with the CPU and the TP170b mono panel which is used at the machine for some timers and selection of recipes. The message 140001 (Disconected PLC_..) appears on the screen of the touch panel. I have checked the cable and seems to have no problem. I change the baund rate at the ports of the cpu, still no effect...The cpu is connected to TP though the IF 1B port with DP/MPI protocol. I have searched for a solution for the problem at the net, but I did not find anything usefull. Also I have to mention that the version at the new CPU is 2.1, which is not an option at the microwin (it goes up to vesrion 2.0), but the program is uploaded fine at the cpu, I can check by downloading back the program to the pc. I am very niewbie at programming CPU's and I can not think of anything else that I should ckeck, any help to what should I look would be very usefull..... Thank you

Hi gdalianis, you don't have the back-up copy of initial PLC program? It was CPU protected or POU units protected? You delete the program from that CPU? if not, maybe you can get access to recover correct program. You wrote again entire PLC program according printout copy? When you compile program was ok? I guess is not a problem of CPU version, usually new version allow usage of new functions or resolve some bugs. What version of Microwin you use? dekor.

Dear dekor thanks for your answer, Unfortunatelly I don't have a copy of the old program on the PC, I could not backup the initial cpu as it was password protected. The old cpu is defected, it is not even powered on so I can not connect to it at all, but in the past when I could connect to it I was not able to backup the the program due to password protection.Yes the program is compiled OK at the microwin and the version of microwin which I use is 4.0.... Edited by gdalianis

Hi, you can put on desk the old PLC and power on again? just for trial, to get original program. Can you upload somewhere the program that you wrote for new PLC? dekor.

Seems that there is no communication port set. Did you not wrote entire program that you have printed out? Looks that there are too many unused symbols... My laptop not display corect all text. dekor.