Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ct8356

How to connect two HMIs to one PLC?

6 posts in this topic

I have one CJ1M-CPU13-ETN PLC and two NS8-TV01-V2 HMI panels. I want the two HMIs to run the exact same CXDesigner program, and both of them to communicate with the same PLC. Is this possible to do? More specifically: for the same button on both HMIs, could I assign it the same working bit, or would this cause a conflict? Would I need to give the same button a different working bit for each HMI? Thanks!

No conflict, just keep 1 program, and assign a unique IP to every NS8. Just don't forget when downloading to change the IP address at Comms setting... Make sure the node addres you set in comms setting matches the last octect of the IP address. And add set a routing table in the CPU that puts the ETN port on FINS network number 1. Only thing you need to think of, is if there can be any conflct for the operator.

Thanks PdL! What do you mean by "conflict for the operator"?

One other thing to be concerned about: Make sure to set different $SB and $SW (system bits and words) in each screen if they are mapped to the PLC. Otherwise, when you change to a screen on one HMI, the other will change to the same screen. This can be done here: If you have not mapped the $SB and $SW, then this is not an issue.

Good one Michael! I usually don't map it, but yes I would have overlooked this definitely.

I mean, be aware that it is possible for 2 persons to operate the same thing at 2 locations. But I asume you are aware of this, in fact it likely is the purpose of it :)