Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gclshortt

HERE’S IS A QUICK WAY TO SEND EMAIL (TEXT) MESSAGES FROM THE PLC

3 posts in this topic

HERE’S IS A QUICK WAY TO SEND EMAIL (TEXT) MESSAGES FROM THE PLC Sending email messages from the PLC sounds like an easy task. However, very few applications do this on the production floor. This is probable due to the networks involved and using authentication can be complicated. In our example we will use a restricted Gmail SMTP server so no authentication will be required. We will walk through sending email and text messages from the PLC to Google Gmail. Once in your Gmail account, the message can be automatically forwarded to another verified email or SMS text message address. HERE’S IS A QUICK WAY TO SEND EMAIL (TEXT) MESSAGES FROM THE PLCThe PLC used in this case is the Do-More from Automation Direct. The software is Do-More Designer. Here is a blog post that I thought was good to share. Let me know what you think. Garry http://www.accautomation.ca

This is good information. We have a customer who is (was) using an EZTouch panel by EZAutomation to send emails to a mom and pop internet outfit. That account did not require authentication and has become unavailable. They have internet access from a new ISP but unauthenticated emails are not available from them. The customer would like us to restore that functionality, so would these instructions be pertinent to any type of PLC or HMI (assuming I can perform all the same steps required to set up the restricted gmail account and use external means to find the server IP)? A related question...if we find out that we can't get it done with the EZTouch...we would consider upgrading their RTU board to a DoMore...would the T1H (stackable based on Terminator I/O) be able to support the email instruction just like its big brother?

Okie, Yes, the terminator will do the email as well. Also, gmail will sometimes change their IP, so if you use the DNSLOOKUP instruction before the EMAIL instruction, then you can dynamically configure the IP for whenever google changes it.