Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electric101

Addressing Help with 1794-IF2XOF2I over Devicenet in RSLOGIX 5000

1 post in this topic

First of all im using a softlogix 5860 processor connected via 1784 PCIDS card to the 1794 devicenet adapter. my first module is a 16 bit DC input followed by a 16 bit output and finally my 2channel input/ 2 channel output. I can write code in 5000 for the digital IO's just fine and i have the .dnt file setup correctly with all lights green and i can see voltage change from rsnetworks when i monitor the input from the 1794 ADN (setup for 0-5v). From the reading i've done, i know i have to use block transfer msg and there is a sample file included with the version of rslogix that i have but its setup with different controllers and adapters. I've read anything i can get my hands on online from rockwell but the docs on these adapters only show the setup example using the ethernet IP version. in the ethernet IP version you can right click on the 1794 IP adapter in rslogix 5000 and add the module.... you cannot do this using the devicenet adapter. I can include my basic logix file but theres not much to it since I have no idea where to go from here. If anyone has ANY experience with this i would be forever greatful thanks in advance.ANALOG.zip