maniniyot

SCHNEIDER PL7 COMMUNICATION TO PC

3 posts in this topic

Hi i need help from you sirs, im a pure mitsubishi programmer with zero experience in schneider PLC I have a SCADA project which requires me to monitor and control data from a schneider PLC using an OPC software im using PL7 pro to communicate with a TSX3721 in a Virtual PC ive been getting a pop up error message when im trying to press the connect button "Not possible to establish the physical link with PLC address SYS via driver" The cable i am using a USB to serial adapter (TSXCUSB485C) though its a china equivalent of the genuine cable I want to know if anyone encountered the same problem like mine and what actions did you use to resolve it. I hope to have an answer from you guys thanks in advance

I don't know much about PL7 Pro, but a lot of the older (usually DOS-based) PLC packages won't work with USB to serial adapters. I've run into this problem several times with different brands. You might need to either upgrade your software, or use a non-USB version of the cable on a computer with a real serial port.

Morning, If you use an exact equivalent of the genuine cable it should work because the TSXCUSB485C is a USB to RS485 direct converter. I use the Schneider cable with VirtualBox without problem. I think your driver for this cable is not properly installed. So have a look here : http://www.schneider-electric.co.in/sites/india/en/support/faq/main_faq.page?page=content&country=IN?=en&id=FA135500&locale=en_US&redirect=truethen follow the instructions in the pdf document. JC Edited by acpi