Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electric101

Analog input/output Flex IO devicenet I/O parameters issues

2 posts in this topic

Greetings, I'm about to begin a new job taking on a major operation drive by controllogix processors and tons of flex I/O modules.... its a big plant and a huge job to take on, and while i have alot of other automation experience and programing experience in other types of controllers i'm just learning PLC programing. The Good News is i have RSLOGIX 500 with a micrologix 1500 and RSLOGIX 5000 with a softlogix 5800 controller, a 1784 PCIDS devicenet scanner and a 1794 adapter with 16bit dc input a 16bit dc output and a 1794-IF2XOF2I 2 channel output 2 channel input to learn with. I have set the devicenet system up without the analog module, figured out rsnetworks enough to be able to write simple code enough to toggle outputs using the inputs.... the problem starts when i add the analog module. If i let rsnetworks scan on its own it finds the analog module but sets the I/O summary as 4input words (2 for the adapter and 2 for the digital input module) and 4 output words (2 for the digital output module and 2 for the analog module) however, it will not allow you to browse down to the bit level in the IO summary. IF however i go into the I/O summary of the 1794 and hit the defaults button it sets the input words to 5 (I/O only) and output words to 3(I/O only) If i download this to both the 1794 and the 1784 scanner my IO light goes red on the adapter and i get the errors listed in the log at the bottom of one of the screenshots im including. Anyone have any experience with this? anyone know what I should set the Input word / output word size to or what else i could be doing wrong? thanks so much in advance.

anyone? other FYI, if i just use the setup that appears if i change nothing it see's it as 1 output word and 0 input words and the 1794 adapter IO light flashes green. the analog input/output module "ok" light flashes green. anyone have any experience with this module?