igorlahtin

LG PLC connection to PC

6 posts in this topic

Hello I have LSIS plc XGB XBM-dn16s. http://www.lsis.com/product/product.aspx?d1=A03&c=P00139something like this. I have successfully connected thru PADT connector and read programm. But now I want to control PLC from PC. I can't find OPC server which support this type of PLC. I know that I can connect with Modbus, but I don't know how I should set connection. Maybe somebody have some experience with this PLC and can give me advice. PS. Sorry for my English.

There is XGT dedicated protocol. And I can get information with them. It's working! May be it will be helpfull for somebody.

Hello Igor,

Which OPC server did you use? I have tried several but always I have problems with communication.

Hello,

PealHMI as an LG driver and a built in OPC server. It might work for you.

Hi Igor,

for using XGB-XBM MODBUS , you have to get inside file program of XG5000, project window, network configuration, standard setting c-net, Operation mode - of the correct serial channel number : instead of using XGT-SERVER, use MODBUS RTU SERVER, Modbus setting - define the adapting following addresses of Modbus addresses(FROM THE FIRST ADRRES -EXMPLE 400001) - adapting to the LS plc ADDRESSES ( D100) . AND THAN WRITE OFFLINE TO PLC 

Hello All,

I will thank you all guys if you show me how to use LS - Plc XGB XBM with  extension Position unit LS - XBF-PD02A, for applying FYLCUT application:

Encoder profile runs on machine, and after setting pulses distance point ,  starting  operating of a movement  servo motor pls/dir (carriage) - synchronize speed with profile and position corrections to that point .

Is there a built in function inside PLC witch can do it beyond the SSP AND SSS functions ??

Thanks

Boaz