Jiggadoo

FT view studio security code for the numeric input enable button

4 posts in this topic

Hello! I am programming with FT view studio version 8. In the program, when I make numeric display, I can not input values for this tag I am using in the display. Then I decided to make 'invisible button' for enabling the input for this tag which is shown in the numeric display. This is okey for me, only if there is other ways to do this please tell me. Now when I have created this numeric display with input enabling -'group', I have a problem, how can I use security levels for this group, so that only logging in values can be set? I have found that there is security code selection for this in the screen displays, but not for the buttons.

You can make the buttons visible or invisible depending on the security level of the logged in user or group. Right click on the button, go to "Animation" (it's the 5th one down on the list) and then click "Visibility". Click "Expression", click "Functions" and click "CurrentUserHasCode( )" and in the parenthesis put in the security letter that you require. Click on the help button in that screen to read more about all of it. Edited by hboyer90

Hello! Thank you very much, your idea is good. It can be done like this and it is very simple way to do it. Thanks!!!!