Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Starbuc842

statement list programming

3 posts in this topic

Does AB have any Statement list programming for the SLC 504 ? Do they have any in control logix? or the 5000 series? Seems like Siemens and other outside US manufactures have statement list for awhile. What up with AB and statement list? thanks

If I remember rightly Statment List is just assembly language geared towards ladder logic? A bit like this ... SOR  XIC B3:0/0  BST    XIC B3:0/1   NXB    XIO B3:0/2  BND  OTE B3:0/3 EOR etc... You could just type this into a rung as SOR XIC B3:0/0 BST XIC B3:0/1 NXB XIO B3:0/2 BND OTE B3:0/3 EOR and it displays it as ladder logic which in my eyes is far easier to read. The only reason I can see for wanting statment list is its a lot faster to write code compared with using drag and drop with the mouse. I find it a much better system with RSLogix. Edited by Spedley

Siemens Instruction List (IL) programming is unique in it's low-level approach to PLC control. In my experience, hardcore programmers love it and maintenance guys hate it. Rockwell's closest comparison is the Structured Text language that all the ControlLogix-family controllers support.