Jiggadoo

Tooth gear pulse sensor connection to Allen-Bradley automation system

4 posts in this topic

Hello! Does anyone have experience of using tooth gear pulse sensors. I am looking for this kind of sensor for the machine, we are building. My problem is that the sensor we are using is not suitable for North American markets (UL-standard is not aproved) and now I am searching sensor like this. I am not sure is inductive sensors good enough for measuring this, the one that we have been using is magnetic field pulse sensor.

Several times I used usual inductive sensors for tooth gear pulse measuring. The sensor was connected to a clone of very old Allen-Bradley or to Mitsubishi PLCs. It works perfectly. Interrupts will help to count pulses without losses. Edited by Inntele

Use these whenever I need to sense a gear. Work great and orientation with respect to gear is not critical [as it can be with products from other suppliers]. Gear Sensor.pdf Don't understand why you require UL. If I recall correctly anything below 48V does NOT require UL. Edited by BITS N BYTES

I am not very much familiar with this UL-standard, most of the devices will be delivered to other part of the world than North America. Is it so that I do not have to take care about this at all, we are using +24VDC power in our normal sensor? In this case, my problem is solved! Is it possible to see this kind of document or is it only in the standard that must be buy?