PaulKim1003

Errors when I tried to go online with MicroLogix 1200 through serial cable

15 posts in this topic

Hello I tried to go online with MicroLogix 1200 through "1761-CBL-PM02 Series C" serial cable. I read its manual and it says i can use the cable to go online. I got these errors and i attached them. Can someone tell me why i am getting this error? Thanks for reading and have a good day !

Are you using a real serial port or a USB to serial adapter? My first guess is you are selecting the wrong com port. My second is something else has the port tied up. Com 2 is an odd one. Do you know how to go to the Device Manager and find your com port?

Hi, I am using usb serial adapter. I know how to go to the device manager. Thats where I found i was using port 2. I opened rslogix 500 and this is what i found. I can not see micrologix 1200. Edited by PaulKim1003

Follow the instructions in the video and see what your com port is.

I watched the video and that is exactly what i did. Isn't it weird that I can not see MicroLogix 1200 on the selection? I do see micrologix 1000 and 1100 but not 1200. Maybe it is because its starter lite? any other suggestions? Thank you Edited by PaulKim1003

The free one? If so then it only supports the ML1000 and the ML1100. Its actually called RSLogix Micro Starter Lite. ( I know picky-picky) http://www.rockwellautomation.com/global/support/plc/micrologix.page But you should still be able to see the processor with RSLinx. If the PLC's port is configured for DF1 protocol. Edited by Mickey

The video should have shown you a com port number. Was it 2? Can you take a screen capture of it in the device manager?

Contact your local AB repr and buy the software that supports the ML1200 or buy a ML1100.

You're right Mickey, I missed the Micro Starter Lite. Still it should be visible in RsLinx shouldn't it? Just won't do you any good after that.

I guess i will have to tell my manager to purchase software. Because since we do not have plc program for back-up. Even we buy ml1100, we cant download to it. Thanks for the help guys

I thought I edited my post to include that statement, guess not. Or its not configured for DF1 protocol. Edited by Mickey

Sometimes if you restart your computer/laptop with the cable plugged in and then re-open RSLinx it will work. Linx gets a little weird for me at times and a power cycle is required, not sure why. If you know for sure that you have the correct port # then give that a try and then try to do an auto-configure.

In my experience, Prolific's USB/Serial chipsets do not work well with the Autoconfigure feature. The settings shown in Post 11 should work without the Autoconfigure button. COM2, SLC/MicroLogix device type, 19200 baud, no parity, 1 stop bit, CRC error checking, Full Duplex. I typically allow RSLinx to be Node 0 on the DF1 system, but for a point-to-point connection it should not matter.

May be your micrologix ch 0 is configured as DH485, you need 1747-UIC in order to access Micrologix if it's channel is configured for DH485