Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rogie

how to upload device net file from ethernet

4 posts in this topic

1749 SDN device net scanner in control logic. How to upload device net file from scanner through ethernet connection. Anyone can show me how? thanks.
1 person likes this

I assume you mean a 1769-SDN in a CompactLogix system. The basics are the same in both CompactLogix and ControlLogix systems, because the network devices allow easy bridging between Ethernet and DeviceNet. To upload the DeviceNet scanlist from the 1769-SDN, you go online with RSNetworx software, select the 1769-SDN, and upload the scanlist from the 1769-SDN. This does not upload all the configurations from all the other devices. You need to do an "upload from network' to upload from all the devices that can communicate, or go do them individually. If you are having problems with device identities or EDS file or other aspects of RSNetworx, post some details and Forum members may be able to help.

thank you Ken, I use ethernet to go online. I can get RSlogix5000 online with PLC . When open RSnetwork for devicenet. and go online, their is no path selection for 1769-SDN or for safety pLC. Look like I have to open a saved Devicenet file first then go online with this file. Otherwise I can't see 1769-SDN on scanlist.

In general you have to navigate to the 1769-SDN over the backplane from another network. If you don't have the correct EDS files installed, you might hit a dead end at some step, because RSLinx won't know that it can bridge through the backplane or the scanner. Start with RSLinx Classic by itself. Browse the Ethernet, then the CompactLogix, then the 1769-SDN, and look for a [+] sign for the DeviceNet network. Once you can go browse the DeviceNet network with RSLinx Classic, then you can move on to associating that RSNetworx file with the RSLogix 5000 file, and actually uploading from the scanner. The fact that there's a safety controller involved might make things a little more complicated. Can you tell me exactly what model of safety controller it is ?