jqleandro

Helping whith modbus CP1L and Micrologix 1500 whith Rs232

3 posts in this topic

Hi, i am start a aplication whith modbus for a simple comunication(read/write), some analogic imputs and outputs, whith, AB Micrologix 1500 LSP (1 com port Rs232) and whith a Omron PLC CP1L-L + CIF01 (rs232). I using CP1L like a master, but i try a lot of time and no read/ Write happens, just the recognition of Node (1) and the error code 88, no mather whith Function code i use. I use Modscan32 whith Micrologix 1500 and works fine, com settings are right to, i try 38k, 19,2k, and now 9,2k None stop bit 1, setting on CP1L are in serial Gateway. If i take the cable the reponse memory go to zero, so the communication is happen, just dont in right way. Is possible to use, RS232 whith CP1L, for Modbus communication right ? I already see PCMR code for modbus, but is to complex, for my aplication. No ofense. Someone can help me? Edited by jqleandro

CP1L with CP1W-CIF01 will work for Modbus/RTU. When using a CP1W-CIF01, the cable is : Pin 2 = TXD Pin 3 = RXD Pin 4 and Pin 5 must be connected together (RTS and CTS) or connected to the MicroLogix RTS and CTS. Pin 9 = Signal Ground. DIP Switch 4 must be OFF if you are using Socket 1, and DIP Switch 5 must be OFF if you are using Socket 2. We can help if you can provide the following information: 1. Which socket are you using in the CP1L (socket 1 or socket 2). If it is a smaller CP1L, there is only 1 socket. 2. Provide an example of the command you are sending in Modbuscan. What I suggest is the following: We can help with sample code in the CP1L. Connect a PC to the CP1L using the pinout above and let the CP1L send into HyperTerminal, Supermon, Multiway, etc. That way you can see that the command is correct.

Sorry for OT, PMCR i have sent you a PM regarding omron. Please help me. Matteo M.