Transistor

Can FX2N expansion modules be used with FX5U?

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the FX2N modules such as FX2N-EX can be used with the FX5U? The plugs are compatible - and the colour is the same ;^) - but I suspect that they may have upped the speed of the bus, or made other changes. Thanks.

Don't know exactly, but this doc hints that the FX5-CNV-BUS must be between.

Thanks, Inntele. Further searching shows that to be FX5 CPU to FX3 bus converter. It looks as though my FX2N modules are two generations back so I'm unlikely to be able to use them with the FX5U.

Transistor, before to give you the advice above, I looked docs carefully. My intuition and the deductive logic say that the FX2N I/O can be used with this bus-converter. I'm pretty confident in it. If you'd like to ask, why they didn't write about it, can answer that they want to sale FX5 I/Os. It's a simple commercial interest + some advertising issues + some manufacturing issues + some technical issues.

I'm certain that if the converter exists a manual for it also exists, and that manual would contain a list of the modules which can be used with it.

The manual has not applicable module list, it refers to FX3 only. My logic is following. The FX5-CNV convert FX5-bus to FX3-bus. The last bus allow to connect FX2N modules directly. So there should not be a problem... Meanwhile, a Ferrary car, equipped with wooden dray-wheels, will look strange.

Yes it can work. No it's not suggested.

I have run a quick bench test and a fx2n-8ey works with no issues. However, a 16ey seems to miss some outputs. I would suggest this is the same for the ex. Sadly I don't have any ex units to try as they are quite outdated now. Hope this helps anyway.

Thanks for the follow-up. We used the correct FX3 modules in the end.

There is official letter from Mitsubishi, but on Russian.Fx5 can work with fx2n special modules with fx5-cnv-bus, and this bus take one address' point. So if you have FX5U + fx5-cnv-bus + fx2n-4ad. Address of Fx2n-4ad will 2.

we.png.958692b05608a98a5d042ed02594690e.