Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr.Moe

Motion control

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I need some help to get my servo to stop accurate. My sensor is E3X-ECT type. When the sensor detect a mark on top of the servo it is supposed to go exactly 360 degree, and it will then stop on the mark, but it goes a little past the mark. What can i do to make the sensor to detect it faster and then stop on the mark? Thanks for any help

What model servo? Hope it has a latch [Touch Probe] function. Connect the sensor to the touch probe input of the servo drive. Record the position the sensor WAS triggered using the MC_TouchProbe. Define stop position by adding the equivalent units for 360deg to the recorded position. Absolute move to this new position.
1 person likes this

Thank you so much for your help The servo model is R88M-K20030H-S2, so i think it will work.

Another option: Is it consistent? If it always stops in the same spot, then jog to the 360 degree position after the home search (one time) and see what position it says. Let's say that you have a 0-360 table. If after the Home search you jog to the physical 360 position and it says 358, then you need the position to say 2 degrees after if finishes the home search. So, put 2 in for the Home Offset as shown below: Then for every home search, when it is done the present position will be 2 degrees, then you just need to do an MC_MoveAbsolute to 0 degrees.

Thank you for the suggestion Not sure if i can use that one. The mark is on a cup on top of the servo, and when a new cup comes in the mark is on another place.

Oh, I misread your initial question. For some reason, I thought you were asking about origin / home search. Not sure where I got that from. Yes, use the Mark input and look at the MC_MoveFeed instruction.