e1101

E1101 Ethernet problem - Help please.

26 posts in this topic

I spent over 8 hours and failed. I need help please as tomorrow I need to have the VNC viewer working tomorrow morning. I am trying to use a pc to display the contents what you see on the E1101 Mitsubishi Beijer touchscreen. I connected the touchscreen through a router into the pc and the ip address is: 192.168.1.1 I can ping this. This computer ip is 192.168.1.2. I can ping this too. I downloaded two VNC programs. RealVNC and TightVNC and they both cannot connect to the touchscreen. They can detect the computer ip but not 192.168.1.1. It always says " No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it!I have also tried direct connection with cross over RJ45 but same problem. Port settings I think are from 5800 to 5902. I've tried various port settings. Firewall switched off. No anti virus. When E1101 loads up it does says FX Series - Serial which I assume is the model type.

Hi 1101, 1) Check if you can connect directly to the MAC by typing the IP adress in your internet browser. http:\\192.168.1.1 to see if you have the terminal screen opening. (you can not operate the HMI from this option) 2) Check in E-Designer under 'network services' if the checkbox 'remote Acces' is set to active. Standard portsettings are 5900 for the viewer and 5800 for the webacces. Best regards, Theo V.

The e series dont support vnc they have a webserver. Why not use a GOT. gt25 or Gt27 have a vnc server.

Have you activated the "Remote Access" function under "Network Connection -> Network Services" in the Project Manager tree ? VNC Viewer use port 5900, A web browser use port 5800.

1) Check if you can connect directly to the MAC by typing the IP adress in your internet browser. http:\\192.168.1.1 to see if you have the terminal screen opening. (you can not operate the HMI from this option) I cannot: I can only ping the mac/touchscreen from command prompt in windows. 2) Check in E-Designer under 'network services' if the checkbox 'remote Acces' is set to active. Standard portsettings are 5900 for the viewer and 5800 for the webacces. This is set all as above. "The e series dont support vnc they have a webserver." Are you sure about the above?

Are you sure that you have set the RemoteAccess correctly (see picture)? Have you tried disabling the firewall on the computer?

sorry seems they do support vnc. Have you enabled the bit so you can stop the current vnc connection

As others have said. Turn remote access on then connect with TightVNC

Very close now but no cigar. Using E-designer I made a connection with the touchscreen on 192.168.1.1.Please see picture However it failed 6 seconds into the transfer I also pressed receive and the same error occurred. I think the problem is somewhere in the pictures below. There is a miss-match in port settings. Edited by e1101

Your project is looking for an operator terminal with version 1.5 on it. However, the terminal you are connecting to has version 1.20. You need to update the firmware on the HMI to 1.5 - or downgrade the project in E-Designer to use operator terminals with version 1.2. (Look at project manger on the left of the E-Designer screen and double click on the top node in the listview box). you can get the latest firmware version (1.53) from here... http://www.beijer.lv/web/web_lv_be_lv.nsf/alldocuments/CB389E02C3FAA5C4C12579BF004522E2 (it is a standalone program that will update the HMI) Leave all the port settings in the "Remote Access" dialog box alone (Viewer 5900 and browser 5800) these the standard settings for VNC. The port numbers in the transfer dialog box have nothing to do with this at all. Edited by Nightfly

Nighfly. Can you kindly give me a link to old E-designer 1.2 version. i don't think I am comfortable in updating firmware. 1)Worried it might mess up the program we run currently 2)Don't know how to actually do this. If not , no probs. Appreciate the help because now I understand what is happening. Cheers. EDIT: I've managed to change to 1.2 X: from the top node. Don't know if this is the proper way to do it. The guys are working on the machine so I will test whether I get access and let you know. Edited by e1101

You don't need another version of E-Designer (there isn't a version 1.2 anyway) what you have is fine. The 1.2 we are talking about is the Firmware on the HMI. As your current E-Designer supports Firmware 1.5 it also supports all the previous versions. Simply downgrading the project to 1.2 (as you have done will allow the project to go into the HMI). I don't know where you got the E-Designer project from - did you suck it out of the HMI or did somebody send you it. If somebody sent you it I would suck the current project out of the HMI and save it as a matter of course (just in case the project is not the correct one - this has happened to me more than once)

How do you suck it out. Instead of pressing transfer do you press receive. to extract information out of the hmi? A support team from a company sent it me. Edited by e1101

1. Open the project you have. 2. Convert it to 1.2 (as you have done) 3. Save it as something else (HMI - Original program or something like that) 4. Press Transfer and then Receive. The program in the HMI will then be transferred to your computer (it will ask you if you want to overwrite the current project - press yes) I would personally keep this project un-modified - so you can mess around as much as you want and you would always be able to put it back into the HMI and know it would work. So I would save a new copy and work with that one - basically switch on "Remote Access" and transfer it back in. Regards

Nighfly sorry to sound a noob. Why would I want to transfer a blank program to the HMI unit which already has a program running on it? All i want to do is view the program which is on the HMI on a desktop pc using e-designer. Should I not just press receive first ... then this brings the HMI program into the PC, then save it?

I think that Nightfly meant that in the menubar in E-designer, press "Transfer->Receive". But you are onto something above, just press "Receive" and you're good to go! Just remember to use a blank project when receiving (you do not want to overwrite an existing project), and do NOT transfer/download an empty project to the terminal...

I misunderstood nightfly. I understand the basic principle now. thanks nightfly. Edited by e1101

Right guy - i managed to "receive" the hmi software onto e-designer. First thing I did was to "save" this project!!! So now I can see the HMI screen onto the PC desktop BUT.... I cannot control the hmi from the pc desktop. What do I do now to finish this? Do I have to now transfer the project back in?

Ok with the backup copy of the program you have just sucked out.... 1. Go to network services and switch on "Remote access" - leave all port settings alone. 2. If you use recipes on the HMI you may also want to turn on "FTP Server" as well - this will allow you to backup all the recipes created on the HMI using windows file explorer (simple drag and drop) or an FTP Client. 3. Transfer the project back into the HMI (remember the IP address so you can put it into the VNC client to get remote access) 4. download "TightVNC" or Remote Access Viewer from the Beijer website (link below). Actually most VNC clients will work fine (we have our own PC based recipe system and have a generic VNC client embedded in the program). http://ftc.beijer.se/files/C125728B003AF839/D27215D44319B05BC1257728004244E0/RemoteAccessViewerSetup%201.5.4_iX.exe

Bingo! Worked a treat. Great instructions - hopefully the thread is useful to others. Just a slight prob - when connecting using VNC viewer. it takes around 30 seconds to connect because it cancels then re-tries a few times due to a bad hex file 800x1200 or something like that. Don't understand that. I remember seeing a error - bad hex on the HMI when the transfer was being done. I think it is linked. Wonder if that has anything to do with a resolution problem. regards.

Could you post images of both error messages if possible? In addition; which VNC application did you use (TightVNC, RemoteAccessViewer or other)?

@kaare_t - Even though I get this message on load up. everything else looks fine. The screen on the E1101 went all blurry due to condensation. This is the reason we connected the computer and went remote so we can actually see what is happening on the screen. This is the second failure we have had in 48 months of the E1101 unit. As you are aware these are very expensive units. My question is: 1) What component is it that is damaged due to extreme weather conditions 2) Now that it is blurry - it will get gradually worse but will we still be able to see a clear picture on the PC like we do now? I feel we will as right now you cannot make out anything on the E1101 it self but on the PC it is perfect. It must be just the touchscreen monitor components that have burnt out but the Main motherboard must be intact.

Is it okay to bump please :)

We have used hundred's of these screens and I must say we too have had problems with condensation compared to other HMI's we use (mainly in the food industry where they love squirting water lol) . We found installing a heater inside the cabinet worked pretty well - also putting a flip plastic cover over the front, but this was more to stop direct water jets hitting the screen.