Transistor

MELSEC GX Works - unable to write target file

9 posts in this topic

Software: GX Works3 I'm really struggling to understand GX Works online / offline operation. (I know they've been consistent in how this works for the past ten years - but it's consistently bad!) I can't find how to work in offline mode. I powered off the PLC and the software keeps trying to connect. I've cleared the PLC memory and am trying to download the complete program to an FX5U. (I was able to do it earlier. I'm still able to communicate with PLC over Ethernet.) I'm getting:Unable to write target file because it is the following status. (sic) - Unconverted - Converted function block does not exist in FB file. - Converted function block does not exist in FUN file. - Unconverted module label. There are no red items in the navigation tree. There are no errors after a Rebuild All command. What do I need to do to figure out what the problem is? Many thanks.

The error seems to have been caused by having a user-defined function block defined but not used. Deleting the definition or adding an occurrence seems to fix it.

I'm in trouble again. I couldn't get the function block to work so I deleted it and all the calls to it. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to debug this?

Can you post the program

Thanks, Gambit. Program attached, I think. (Remove .txt) I've stripped everything out except the FBFILE (user-defined Percent calculation function block) and a call to it in the MAIN Program. Pressing F4 editing either MAIN or function block rung gives Online program change is interrupted. Please write to PLC because the CPU parameters may not be matched. but I don't understand how I can write an unbuilt program. If you could open it up and tell me what I'm doing wrong in compiling, I'd appreciate it. Many thanks. Percent Funtion Problem.gx3.txt

Change the top setting fom yes to no. The program has been saved in online mode so everytime you try to convert it will try an d do this online. The same feature was in GX Developer . (Tools option) Write during run / Don't write to PLC)

Ha! I ran into this problem again and found my own question and Gambit's response in a Google search!

From your post and detail it is looking that the error is to be there only by having a user-defined function block defined but not used. You must try by deleting the definition or adding an occurrence seems to fix it.

I think not, NicholsMark. Gambit was right. Thanks for your reply.