innoaloe

INVERTED BYTES of Text Points in CX-Supervisor

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! First of all, I'm a new comer to this forum from Indonesia. The name's Inno. Looking forward to share knowledge with all of you So I had this trivial, but annoying matter with CX-Supervisor Text Points. I had connected it to NJ101 controller. There I made a sample STRING, let's say "1234". I set this STRING to be stored in D0 memory, which means in ASCII it'll now contains : D0 = #3132 D1 = #3334 Then I use the Display Value (Text) Action to a Text Object in CX-Supervisor. The problem is, each Word on the Point display the LSByte first. So the resulting view in CX-Supervisor is : "2143", while I expect to see "1234" I know this can be easily solved by swapping the bytes inside the NJ program, but I'm curious, does CX-Supervisor has the feature to swap these bytes automatically? I mean, even NS or NB HMI can do so to accomodate Mitsubishi/others String system :D This occured for any Text type I choose (Signed/Unsigned/Raw Binary). Waiting for your suggestions Edited by innoaloe

I didn't deal with NJ controller yet, only with C-Series (CJ1, CJ2, CS1) plc, and with there is no this kind of problem. Looks like they change it in NJ...Anyway, there is no function in CX-Supervisor as far as I know but in this case I would make a subroutine which does this rotating characters. there are scripts command you can use for this, like Mid, Left and Right, but I think the most easiest way is to do this in controller. regards

Hi tashinz, thank you for replying. It might be so, due to the new programming standard used in NJ (IEC-601-something). I'm still curious though, because we still able to directly map a variable to C-Series memory area, as I stated above. Even doing data sharing between NJ and CJ2 won't cause these bytes to be inverted. It only occurs on CX-Supervisor. But I guess that's another issue.