Cyanogen281

Micrologix 1400 Binary bits (B3) acting strangly

6 posts in this topic

So I was out in the field a few days ago and encountered an issue I have never run in to before on a Micrologix 1400 using RSLogix 500. All was going well when I was checking the I/O's until I realized that although I would get an input, the virtual output (B3) would not turn on... I have encountered something similar in Siemens programming where if you accidentally have 2 coils using the same register, they act as an AND instruction. When I was completely stumped I decided to make a completely new program and just put a few inputs and a few coils in, and everything worked fine... Could this be some sort of memory overlapping issue I am having? Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like something else is writing to it. In addition to duplicate OTEs, it could be a MOV or a COP instruction writing to B3:0. Can you post your whole program? Also is there an HMI attached to it?

There is no HMI attatched to it at the moment. BROWNWOOD.RSS

You are not executing the I/O map routine, or any of the ladders beyond Ladder 2. It is the only one executed by default. Add JSR instructions to execute routines 3, 4, 5, and 6.

HA. Wow that's pretty sad. I've been doing this too long to make a rookie mistake like that. Thanks for the help Sorcerer.

Happens to us all