denise01

WD30 and Hostlink

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I would like to remotely connect four CJ1Ms using Hostlink and to be able to connect these PLCs from a distance of up to 100 metres. Am I correct in thinking that I can used WD30 Wireless Router and Devicenet to connect the CJ1Ms together. Has anyone used this method before. Thanks

This is technically possible, although it's ill-advised. My reasoning is as follows: 1. You'd need a Devicenet card in each remote plc rack in addition to a WD30 slave. 2. You'd need an additional CJ PLC with a Dnet card just to act as, in essence, a media converter. 3. The WD30 range is discontinued so you'd be scouring Ebay. Better would be to investigate the WE family, ie Ethernet-based if you have ethernet hardware on the PLC rack already. It may be more cost-effective to hang these on your existing factory network. Pp

Okay Thanks, No we have CJ1M but not ETN and we have limited Ethernet capacity that's why I am trying to use Hostlink as much as possible. I have used Hostlink connected to an end of line pc but was hoping to utilise our Wireless network to replace the need for the pc so that our electricians could connect to CXP using laptops. At the moment we use Parani ESD 1000 Bluetooth and connections can be variable. Regards