Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hboyer90

PanelView Plus 700 Security/ user Logins

1 post in this topic

Hey guys, so I'm programming one of our PanelView Pluses for one of our machines. We have different parameters on some of the screens (metal temp, temp set points, various timer presets). In the past we have locked it out so that people can't change these values from the PanelView itself (we just address the PanelView to the timer preset, but in the logic we use a MOV instruction to change the preset, making it not possible to change from the PanelView since the MOV overrides it). Anyways, we were talking about opening it up so that certain maintenance technicians can change these variables. But we don't want just anybody or an operator to be able to make changes. Also we would like to be able to keep track of who made what changes. The way we currently track this in RSLogix5000 is by using FactoryTalk AssetCentre and every technician has their own username and password, and all the techs have varying levels of authority. From AssetCentre you can go to "Audit Logs" and see every change that has been made to each program. Anyways, so what I would like to set up is on the main screen of the PanelView, have a "log in" button that would be pressed and then the tech could enter in their Username and Password and then it would give them certain privileges to certain screens or to make changes to certain values. I'm sure I'm not the first to want to do this, and I'm sure somebody can help simplify what the AB manual says. The whole security thing is handled by another engineer, and I'm not really familiar with it. So I'm just trying to figure out how to add certain users, how to give them different privileges, how to actually make a log in and out button. Can somebody please help? PanelView Plus 700 - FactoryTalk View Studio Machine Edition - RSLogix5000 V20 - CompactLogix L36ERM Thanks!