Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coopdegrace

X-Y-Z Orthogonal Robot code development

2 posts in this topic

Hi All, I have an interesting project that may be coming up in the near future and I wanted to get some opinions on how to approach the PLC development. First of all I am new to Omron Sysmac and haven't yet done any real life projects but I have a lot of experience on other platforms. From what I have seen so far though its pretty impressive. So the project is to develop the code for an X-Y-Z Orthogonal Robot. The robot will basically pick up a box and lay it down on a pallet (essentially a palletiser) My thoughts so far is to develop a state machine that steps through an array of co-ordinates, once all of the positions have been stepped through the pallet is complete and the robot waits for a signal to start the process again. From what I have seen Sysmac does not have dedicated state machine functionality so I was thinking to creating it using statement list and CASE function So my question is has any one attempted something similar and can offer any advice? Or to anyone who is more familiar with Sysmac, how would you approach this. Any help is much appreciated Cheers

I'd save the targets into a table and then do moves to the different targets in the table. A table can easily be made with an array, and then you can use the pointer for the array to indicate which spot on the pallet you are moving to.