Transistor

Convert project from MELSOFT GX Developer to GX Works3

13 posts in this topic

Original FX3U project written with GX Developer FX Version 8.45X. I now want to program an FX5U with the same program (well, slightly modified). I have MELSOFT GX Works3. How do I import / convert the original project? I have done a web search but can't find the answer. The installed help files don't seem to cover the topic either. Many thanks.

You'll first need to open the project in GX Works 2. Project => open other Data => Open other Project .... Save this project as a GX Works 2 project Open GX Works 3. Project => Open other format file =>GX Works 2 format => Open project

Did somebody successfully converted a GX Works 2 Structured Project to GX Works 3? Looks like only Simple Project's can be converted. GX Works 3 v1.007H

We also have had no look with converting GX Works 2 Structured Project to GX Works 3. Just get the Global variables.

I've downloaded the project to the PLC. The Err LED is blinking and PLC won't go into run mode. Diagnostics | Module Diagnostics (CPU) shows Error Code 2220 with detailed information: Type of parmameter :CPU parameter. Parameter drive :Data memory Parameter No. :0000 Cause: The contents of the parameters are coorupted. Hitting the Error Jump button gives message "Jump destination not found." Any pointers? What have I failed to configure?

I don't have GW3, but could the memory allocation be corrupt in the CPU? Have you tried to format the memory then download the complete project again?

Try setting the parameters to default and download the project.

Right. Got back to the project after a few days away. I imported the GX Works2 project again and found that it stopped importing when it met my first STL RET statement. Works3 seems to use RETSTL. The only workaround I could think of was to edit the ladder in Works2, replace all the RETs with a coil, import into Works3 and replace the coil with RETSTLs. So far, so good. I download to the CPU and Module Diagnostics is still giving the 2220 Error Code as described above. The "Clear Error" button doesn't seem to be big enough to fix it! Err LED is still blinking. Can't go into RUN. @kaare_t, I can't see where to "format" the memory but I did erase it all. Any more ideas, anyone? Many thanks.

Can you post the project GX Works 2 and GX Works 3. So I can download and test it myself?.

Just a note to say that I downloaded a simple timer program, got it to run, and then downloaded the converted project again and it worked. I have no idea why but at least I'm running.

TRY First changing plc type on gx developer if the plc is tool old and the GX works can read it then try to open with gx works 2 or 3 

Capture.JPG

Probably sorted it after 4 years