Patch102860

CP1L High Speed counter issue

4 posts in this topic

I am trying to set up a high speed counter to work on an Omron CP1L plc. I can see that it is counting but the numbers are not repeating from one cycle to the next. I have an accu coder mounted to the back of a motor sending pulse to I:0.00 of the PLC. I am using the PRV(881) function to move the count to D0. I then compare using function (cmp (020) D0 to D100 to turn on an output at the desired location. then I compare D0 to D101 to turn off the output as it passes by the next location. When the cycle is complete and the machine is back at home position (stopped) I re-set the HSC using bit A531.00 and I see that the Hex number is zero in D0 as well as in the PRV (881) function block am I doing something wrong or using the wrong functions? why are the counts not repeatable from one cycle to the next?

You never mentioned the number of pulses per revolution or the speed of the pulses. Are you certain you are within the spec of the input? You may also want to look at CTBL which is designed specifically to compare to a high speed counter, it probably is more accurate.

I have never used the CTBL function is there anywhere I can find a real programming example that would relate to what I am trying to accomplish

I am a beginner in the counter plc gave you complete your project I gave you to share cod
greeting