LD_M

Quick Panel HMI unable to communicate with SLC 5/04 cpu

4 posts in this topic

Hello to everyone, We had a machine with a quickpanel hmi, connected to slc 5/04. The problem we are facing right now is the communication issue with the hmi to plc. The hmi had a menu, to select candies of 20 pcs and 24 pcs. Depending on the production format needed, the operator can just select the format required. The default format is always the 20 pcs. and to shift for 24 pcs., a button is selected in the hmi panel. Two years ago, the cpu was replaced by a 3rd party contractor, and since then, the selection of the 24 pcs. button in the hmi is no longer possible. The button is not highlighted, where you can press on and off ( it was now grayed out ). Other buttons on the hmi are still functioning, except the 24 pcs. button. I was able to get the original source code from the machine builder, for the plc and the hmi ( with .prj extensions ). I have RSLogix 500 software, but not the HMI software. My question is; 1. Did we lose the hmi communication link when a new plc was installed? If yes, how can we restore back the communication link? 2. What HMI software and cable do I need, to view the program? The CPU and HMI details are; 1747-L542B 504 CPU QPI-3D200S2P-A, Model: 2780027-03 Thank you for your help. Leo

For the QuickPanel you will need either QuickDesigner software, which is VERY old and will not run on Windows 7 or Proficy ME View. Either can be purchased from GE-IP. The cable you will need is GE-IP part number HMI-CAB-C49. Contact your local dealer for more information. http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=spage&id=ST6&locale=en-US&locale=en_US Edited by RussB

Thanks for the info. on the software and cable. If the hmi and plc were communicating before, and if the plc was replaced with a new one, is the link between the hmi and new plc broken? will not communicate?

If using the same protocol and cable then the most logical problem would be that the port parameters of the new processor were not set the same as the old one.