3 posts in this topic

Good day everyone. I like to know if anyone has worked with GXWork3 yet and what their view is on it?

Hello, I am working on a project on a FX5U PLC. First: this is a completely different programming environment. GX Works 2 and GX IEC Developer were similar, but this is way different. Cons: - if you work on FX5U PLC you don't have any support for libraries. You can only create your own FB's. The FB's can be used in another project by Copy/Paste. - I couldn't convert a FX3U project created in GX Works 2 (latest version) in FX5U project, even if the documentation states that this is possible. - some instructions have different syntax (eg: TO and FROM instructions) and you have to be careful when manually converting programs. - there are no Networks to divide the POU (like in GX Works 2 or GX IEC Developer). - no IL, MELSEC IL, SFC languages. Pro: - the new syntax of some instructions (eg: TO and FROM) is more intuitive. - the help documentation. Very easy to find the manual you need and to download it. Very easy to find a newer version of the manual. - the simple Ladder POU's and the structured Ladder/FBD POU's can be mixed in the same project. This was not possible in GX Works 2. These are just the first observations that come in my mind.

Thanks for the response. The latest version however is abit more user friendly. (1.010L) However, something I did pick up and I have notified Mitsubishi, is that as soon as you want to download a program, Kaspersky picks it up as a virus and deletes the exe. I have to install the software again. Still trying to find out what else I need to exclude from Kaspersky exclussion list to prevent this from happening.