Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
urvhalt

Omron C20 - battery error - does it run anyway?

2 posts in this topic

Hello! I saw there were some people on this forum who works with theese old PLC:s so i try here: Run onto this ancient Omron PLC - C20-CPU84E. Someone has not maintaned the battery enough.. and someone has not upgraded the machine. Stupidity. Now they want it running in three days. About 100+ I/O so its interesting to kick the old horse once more. I took the CPU off-site for investigation. I do not have the programming console etc but I am able to hire equipment from Omron if needed. PLC is said to have PROM. CPU is set to RAM ( dip-switches ). "PROM" Circuit has no programming window. It does not look like Omron EPROM images found on google. PROM chip has marking "Omron BP0J". * Application does not seem to need timers. Battry dead. LEDs: POWER ON RUN OFF ALARM OFF ERROR ON For testing - I charged the battery to 3.3+ V ( later resoldered the connector to a fresh CJ1W-BAT01, also gives 3.3V ) LEDs: POWER OFF RUN ON ALARM OFF ERROR ON Manual says it wants the battery alarm reset using programming terminal. Question: Run is lit: does it actually run? Or is it - it tried to run?. I tried manipulating some inputs and suspect the later. If it run - I could travel on-site and see how the machine behaves. If not - i have to get theprogramming terminal first. Thank you for any input.

( changed battery once more to the proper 3.6V )