Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charonsk

PowerFlex 525 overwrite my parameters/ Spd + Strt Problem

2 posts in this topic

Good day, I´m helping with small project and currently i am stuck because of this problem. And I hope you can help me out. I´m using PowerFlex 525 connected with AB CompactLogix 1769-33ER PLC via EtherNet/IP. Connection is working, I can read and write values from/to 525. To configure both devices i´m using RSLogix 5000. 1) First problem occurs after I loaded configuration to 525 and it´s, that 525 keeps overwriting values of Accel and Decel Time 1. It happens when i directly change parameters in Module Properties (online) or after I upload configuration to device. It happens even if i set parameters directly to 525 with its HMI panel. - I kinda get around this problem when i use Accel/Decel Time 2 for Step logic, but if i send direct reference value motor still jump to it and that is not good, especially when changing direction of rotation. 2) Second problem is that I cant get Speed Sources and Start References right. Usually Is working only option 1 and others are not, or they are doing something else that they should. For better imagination this is what i want to do: I have 3-state switch (left = 1 ON(DigIn TrmBlk 02), 2 OFF; center = 1 OFF, 2 OFF; right = 1 OFF, 2 ON(DigIn TrmBlk 03)), In center position I want to control 525 with EtherNet (already working when: Start 1 AND Speed 1 = EtherNet/IP). In left position I want to control motor directly with Drive Pot and In left position a want to start Step Logic (which i have already set) - Funny thing, If I set Start 1 = Ethernet, Speed 1 = Step, Start 2,3 = DigIn, Speed 2,3 = Drive Pot then in all three position motor goes in Step logic.. Or when i get left and right position working then Ethernet is blocked.. and this kind of things.. I Attach print-screen of my current settings, if you need something more just, tell me. Thank you for your time, and I hope someone will be able to help me.

I to had this problem with a 525, found a config setting wrong, just do not remember which one it was.