Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spectre289

Issues installing CX-One

7 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am having some issues installing Omron CX-One which I was hoping someone may be able to assist with. So far we have tested it on 3 PCs (all Windows 7) but all are having the same issue. I have tested it using the CD which came containing the software and using v4.33 downloaded from the omron.com website but both do the same issue. The install starts, it flashes up with usb driver installs then displays the error attached, then when clicking ok says error 1603 but does not give further details of why specifically it fails. Are there any pre-requisites? Thanks for any help

Are PCs 32bit or 64bit machines?

You said that the installation crashes at the USB install dialogue, CXP 4.33 does not come with 64 bit drivers. Just a thought...

Do you have full administrative rights on the machine? Installing USB drivers is something IT groups can control on a PC. The access to this can be disabled or restricted by IT. I have been in many plants where IT has restricted the laptops in an effort to prevent people from connecting devices to the laptops and removing company data. Make 100% the user name you are logged in as is set to administrator. But even that can be controlled. Check with IT to see if they have limited access to the machine.

I do have full administrative rights on to the PCs, this is with my admin account and I work in IT. My access to the PCs is not restricted using this account and we do not restrict the USB drivers/devices.