Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Axion20010

CX-Designer Quick Transfer Utility

2 posts in this topic

Hello All, I am new to your community as of today and was looking for a "sticky" topic covering this but could not find one I am working with projects of fairly large scale and debugging/making changes on the production floor pretty often. When doing so I will make a change, then try and use the quick transfer utility (Via USB) (Which according to tech support only sends data that has been changed since the upload from the PT) and it takes 10 minutes or more!!! the exact same time it takes to do a normal transfer. Am I missing something that needs to be configured to only send the screen that I was currently working on? I am pretty new to CX designer as well, I have had experience with Panasonic HMI's that would allow me to select individual screens to transfer, can we do anything simliar to that with CX? Any help is greatly appreciated, Let me know!

That is indeed odd. It should not take that long. You can however select individual screens, or step through downloading only screens that have changed. 1) Go to the PT Pulldown menu and choose transfer, then transfer program. 2) Assuming that your comms method has been set, choose the Connect button. The screens in your project will show up in the window on the left. 3) Press the Select Update Screen button. At this point, the screens in the HMI will show in the window on the right. There will be colored indicators to show what screens have changed. 4) At this point, you can choose the Green arrow button with a D on it to Download the changed screens to the HMI, or you can choose the red arrow button with the U to upload the changed screens from the HMI. Give that a try.