vinny

USB To Lan Adapter Beckhoff Real Time Compatibiltiy

2 posts in this topic

Hi I just given a swanky new laptop at work, which is lovely and everything, but does not have an ethernet port. Unfazed by this, I just got hold of a USB to LAN adapter and got to work. My primary development environment is Beckhoff TwinCAT, and was rather gutted to find there are no real-time ethernet devices on the machine(attached image for reference). I was wondering if there was any adapter that I could use for real-time ethernet device. I am aware of latency issues and this would only be used to test communication and make sure everything talk to each other. Cheers

Dear Members: I am new to Twincat System. I am working on a project. I have connected CX9020 with my laptop through ethernet cable. I was able to find CX9020 through broadcast search and I was successful in connecting it. I also found my Inputs through scan devices. The TC LED light on my CX9020 was blue then and I was in config mode.But when I clicked Activate configuration my CX9020 was not connected with Twincat and there was a cross on CX9020. The LED light on CX9020 is green now. There is also written Timeout in the software. I am unable to find CX9020 in broadcast search. Now I cant get my system in the normal mode. Also the yellow Timeout is not going. Everytime I start my system and try to get connect with CX9020 Timeout appears. Please tell me How can I remove this Timeout status.