Bukov

GX IEC Developer 7.04 connecting problem

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I have a problem with GX IEC Developer 7.04, i hope some of you can help me. When i try to connect with the PLC type - Melsec FX1s- 30MR-DC, there is an error: I check all COM port settings, and everything is ok. Com_port parameters: FX Parameters: Transfer setup: PLC Type in the program is the same like physical one (FX1s). I try to change all of this stuffs but there is no result. The cable I use for comunnication is this type: Thank you very much in advance. Have a nice day! eng R. Bukov

Hi Bukov, First of all, my compliments for the way you show the problem with the screenshots. This is very helpfull. For FX PLC try to set your RS232 serial connection to 9600 BAUD, 7 bits, Even parity and 1 stop bit. You have the right cable SC09 to connect to a FX1s. Also check if you use a serial to USB converter if your communication is still on COM1. If you have no RS232 port on your computer you need an USB to serial converter and usually your COM port is an other number like COM3 or so. You can check this in your Windows controlpanel (hardware, COM and LPT ports) Best regards, Theo V.
1 person likes this

Hi Theo, I have already try different settings for my RS232, for Bouds, Bits and the other settings but the result is same. I'm not using USB converter, i have COM port on my laptop. And i've checked the settings of the COM number, it's COM1 everywhere - both the Control panel and GX Developer. I'm working in Kostal Ltd. and here are a lot of mashines with Mitsubishi controller. With some of them i have no problem to connect but with other i have this errror. Best regards, R.Bukov

Hi R. Bukov, Could it be that an other program running in the background on your computer occupies the COM1 serial port? for example: E-designer for your HMI panel or CodeSys? I checked the settings with 7bit/even parity/1 stopbit on a FX1N PLC and that works fine so I'm out of options. Best regards, Theo V.

Hi Theo, I really have other programs whitch are using the COM port, TwinCad and CodeSys. I try to turn them off, but there is still no result. I try also to connect with oter Mitsubishi PLC's, the resul is same. Maybe it's something bad with the cable, i don't have other ideas. Have a nice day

if you use the cheaper non genuine cables, these can have connection problems. even though it is expensive, the reliability of the genuine SC-09 cable is far better.

Yes, I understand. But befor 1 month i have work with this cable, connecting, downloading programs and everything was fine. This week i try to connect with some PLC's and i have this problem. I will order new one, but it's will take time. And i have deadline for this project, it's gonna be fun. Have a nice day

Hello Bukov, I had a similar problem before with Com ports. I just tried all of them, Com1, Com2....Com16. Eventually Com8 worked.

Hi guys, the problem is at the cable. Yesterday I ordered a new one form Mitsubishi Bulgaria and today it delivered. No connecting problem now. Thanks for your respons. All best!
1 person likes this