Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_Chris

DeviceNet

6 posts in this topic

I am having problems connecting to my DeviceNet card, everytime that I try to go online with it and scan for my nodes my computer gets a fatal error and shuts down, I have tried different computers and the same thing happens, any ideas.

First question, of course, is what kind of DeviceNet card you are using. I assume you havea 1784-PCD, but that's merely a guess. Other interesting information would be; what firmware level is the card, what version of RSLinx (if you are using RSLinx) are you running, and exactly what does the Fatal Error do ? Information about your PC and operating system would help, too. I recently saw a Dell Latitude D800 that would frequently have an I/O exception error when trying to run a 1784-PCD. On the other hand, I have never had a problem running the PCD card with my Latitude C600.

First off I would like to thank you for your reply, second here is the information you requested. I am using the 1784-PCD and the firmware level is Series C I am running RSLinx Gateway V 2.31 The fatal error that I am getting is Bad-Pool-Header I am using a Dell Latitude C810 I have run a diagnostics test on the card and the system and don't come up with anything. Everything was working fine and we added two drives to the configuration through a UFD device (SEW Drives) and we have commisioned the drives and set up the UFD and it appears to be communicating, I am also not getting a fault message on my DeviceNet Card.

I beleive he stated he tried it on various compuiters with the same result. This would eleiminate any computer issue...

I went to the Microsoft website and they appear to be having a problem with this fatal error Bad-Pool-Error, it must be in the newest update. I am currently trying to find a fix for the problem.

The Dell C810 started shipping in early 2002, so it could reasonably have either Windows 2000 or Windows XP and might have any Service Pack installed. It is always reasonable to ask about operating system characteristics as well as PC characteristics. In particular, Windows XP SP2 has been blamed for a whole host of unusual PC changes. The most thorough thing to to is to call RA Technical Support and get into detail with them. I don't think you are going to get an easy answer for this one.