Stuartjl

PanelView plus 1000 touch screen config

10 posts in this topic

Hi All, i've previously used a panel view before but not a touch screen version. Normally i would either get into the config mode via the shutdown button (not got password to log in). Or via the grey box on boot up, this touch screen doe'snt have a grey box on boot up. How can i get to config mode? Thanks, Stuart

On boot up there should be a small white square that will appear in one corner of the PV+ if you push this square it should take you to config screen. I have heard that some versions did not include this white square, so if you are lucky enough to have one of these versions then try: Plug a keyboard into the USB slot on the back of the PV. Then press CTRL, Shift, ALT and the Windoze Key all at the same time. BCS EDIT: Just a thought, you have scrolled through all of the screens on this PV to see if there is a "GO TO CONFIG" button already written into the application, haven't you? Edited by Bering C Sparky

Hi, thanks for the response. I'm lucky enough to have one of those hmi's with no white screen. I've tried the keyboard but could not get in that way. The hmi does have a "GO TO CONFIG" but it is password protected. So can't determin ip address of hmi there, so i will either after do a factory reset or scan with a ip scanner to determin the ip address of the hmi. Or update the firmware Thanks Stuart Edited by Stuartjl

Don't give up just yet there are still other ways. You are not a big bad intellectual property thief trying to skirt the security password of a PV at British Intelligence or something are you???? Just kidding, give me a bit, I am busy right now but will look for some info for you when I get back, I haven't ever done what I will send you but I did read of another way to get where you are trying to go. Not sure if the fact that the PV is password protected will be a factor in getting there using this method but at this point sounds like you have nothing to loose. Talk again in an hour or so. BCS Edited by Bering C Sparky
1 person likes this

Ok, I got a moment to look for this and found it pretty quick. Like I said I personally have not tried this method but read through this thread and see if anything in here will help you out. http://www.plctalk.net/quanda/showthread.php?t=48497 This comes out of the Archives I think, so you may have to select "View full version" when it comes up so you can see the links to the zip files you need. Good Luck BCS

Hmm...that's odd the link did not work, I copied it right from the thread. I tried to cut and paste directly from one forum to another also and that did not work either. Strange, I do this a lot and it usually works. Try to google this: plcs go to config exe panelview The very first hit that should come up will say "How to go to the terminal config screen on PanelView Plus 60...... Double click on these exact words I list above (not the actual threads listed below it) and it should take you to the thread that will explain how to do this and give you the files to do it with. If not let me know and I will try and get it for you again. BCS

Tried a couple of more times but it is not letting me cut and paste to this forum. I even cut from one forum and paste to a word doc, then cut from word doc and try to paste here and no luck. Below is a word file with the cut text saved and the 2 zip files. I would recommend you google and read the entire thread like I said above though before trying this. Good luck BCS Edit: Had to zip the word file also, it would not let me attach it otherwise. Hopefully there is something in these files, the way it is going so far I would not bet on it. You can google and get there if not. The file PV_400_to_1500_Reset is the word file. The files that start with PVP are the files I got from the thread. Obviously you will need the 700_1500 for you PV1000 but I gave you both so you have them. Have a good one. PV_400_to_1500_Reset.zip PVP400_600_ResetMEStartup.zip PVP700_1500ResetMEStartup.zip Edited by Bering C Sparky
1 person likes this

Hi BCS, thanks for thorough response it's much appreciated I just need a compact flash card. Not got one here at the moment, but looking at the other thread i'm sure this will work. Thanks again for all the hard work, hopefully i will get the compact flash card then i can you and others that read this tread know. Stu PS HMI is from a sewage works, so very far from British Intelligence Edited by Stuartjl

ROTFLMAO If all you need is the IP Address then you were probably right with your first assumption in this case. Just connect to the PV via the Ethernet Port and use something like Angry IP Scanner to get the IP Address? Wait....Here is a good one, I checked the manual for the PV+ and it says that the Ethernet Port on them DOES support Ethernet/IP communication. So...would you not be able to just create a new ETHIP Driver in RSLinx and plug your laptop directly into the Ethernet port of the PV+......I am wondering if the driver would not just automatically populate the IP address of the PV+ just as it would on any logix controller that uses the Ethernet/IP protocol. That would be just too easy. I will pull out one of my spare PV+ tomorrow and try it out but...you would think that would work if you are only wanting to get to the Config Screen to get the IP of the Device and nothing more. BCS Edited by Bering C Sparky

This is very useful, I tried the above method, it solves the problem very well, thank bearing c sparky