dynamicboy

How can i open versMax program in LM 90-30

5 posts in this topic

Hello Friends; I have face some problem while opening a project in LM 90-30. The program develop in VersaMax while when i open it in to LM 90-30 i see message <G20> Folder Name does not match Program Name <Ahmed_4> in indicated folder What will i type in Programe folder? When i type Ahmed_4 it creates new folder in the directory and show nothing in ladder area. Thanking you i will remain Regards

If the program in the PLC was written using VersaPro, you will not be able to use Logicmaster to retrieve it from the PLC.

Dear Steve; I am working offline. LM90-30 is to attached with PLC just want to open the program. Regards

As Steve said, with my tweak: We are assuming that when you say "The program develop in VersaMax..." you mean to say VersaPro as VersaMax is different PLC hardware not software.

Russ makes a good point that I missed. VersaMax is hardware. VersaPro is software. In the end it still doesn't matter. Logicmaster can not open a program file created with VersaPro. That is the case whether you are trying to open a file when you are not connected to the PLC or whether you are connected to a PLC and trying to see what is in it. Logicmaster is incompatible with VersaMax hardware. Logicmaster was already obsolete when the VersaMax product was introduced. Logicmster is DOS-based software and has been obsolete since around the year 2000. VersaPro has been obsolete for at least a decade. The current GE programming software is called Proficy Machine Edition. Proficy Machine Edition can open Logicmaster project files and VersaPro project files in addition to Proficy Machine Edition project files. VersaPro can open Logicmaster project files in addition to VersaPro project files, but it cannot open Proficy Machine edition project files. Logicmaster can only open Logicmaster project files. The newer software is backward compatible with projects created using the older software, but the older software is not forward compatible with projects created using the newer software.